Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pillow Case Dresses



Here is my very first attempt at a "pillow-case dress". This  was done with limited thread, as well as the fact that I had no facing. (I had to improvise here:)) I am going to replace the  ribbon  later, with some nicer ribbon.  I am still learning a lot when it comes to sewing, but this was just a trial and Keturah gets to be the guinea pig! She seems to love the huge pockests!
I mainly wanted to see if I could even do this, becasue I would like to make several of these dresses, along  with some friends at church, to send to Haiti for the orphans. These cute  dresses are fun, easy, inexpensive to make,  and the possibilities endless. I look forward to making one with matching thread, and getting a little more creative with it. Here are some photos my daughter Kelsey took.


Keturah in some of her famous poses!

Cutie!



A smile to brighten your day!:)


Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment