Monday, March 8, 2010

Quotes for your enjoyment

OK, I know, two posts in ONE DAY??? I guess I am just on a roll. Anyway, I post these for your edification and encouragement. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
I hope you also feel encouraged with the post right before this one.:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When I think of God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes leap and dance as they leave my pen; and since God has given me a cheerful heart, I serve Him with a cheerful spirit."
Franz Joseph Haydn


"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8: 38-39

"For nourishment, comfort, exhilaration, and refreshment, no wine can rival the love of Jesus. Drink deeply."
Charles Spurgeon

"I run the first half of the race as fast as I can, and then with God's help, I run the second half even faster."
Eric Liddell

"Attitude is all-important. Let the soul take a quiet attitude of faith and love toward God, and from there on the responsibility is God's. He will make good on His commitments."
A.W. Tozer

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
From: The Declaration Of Independence

"I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
Jeremiah 17:10

"If we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the spirit."
Galatians 5:25

"I want a principle within
Of watchful, Godly fear,
A sensibility of sin, A pain to feel it near.
Help me the first approach to feel
Of pride or wrong desire,
To catch the wand'ring of my will
And quench the kindling fire."
Charles Wesley

"My goal is God himself, not joy nor peace, nor even blessing, but Himself, my God."
Oswald Chambers

"You can do more than pray, after you have prayed. But you can not do more than pray until you have prayed."
S.D. Gordon

Hope you enjoyed thinking on these!
Love in Christ,
Lydia

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through your daughter's. I love your layout :) I have a blog too, www.theviewfrommywindow-erin.blogspot.com

    Erin

    ReplyDelete